Tuesday, February 08, 2005

For those of you who haven't actually seen me in the flesh, you probably don't know I got a new car at the beginning of the year. As we used to say about my dad, when he came home with a car overloaded on the features, they saw me coming. (one of the perks of having car dealers in the family.) And one of the features is OnStar. Now I don't get the whole OnStar thing to begin with, beyond the emergency button. So I was content with the notion of allowing the thing to simply expire after the free trial. Well, today, they called me. More to the point, they called my office. Now I'm ticked off, because now they're trying to sell me on it. I suppose it's the same reason I detest cell phones so much, I absolutely love being disconnected from the world for a few minutes a day, and something that would break into that, AND force me to pay for it...well, that's just beyong the pale.

No comments: